- 250 grams prawns (deveined and tail on)
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 capsicum (cut into small cubes)
- ½ cup green onions
- 2 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ spoon pepper powder
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate prawns with salt, ½ teaspoon of red chili paste for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn flour to the marinate and shallow fry the prawns until golden brown (1 minute on each side)
- Heat oil in a tawa, add grated ginger ,garlic and sauté for one minute
- Next add green onions, pepper powder and capsicum and stir fry for few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the chili paste, tomato ketchup, ½ cup of water and cook it until the sauce thickens.
- Finally add vinegar to the sauce and the fried prawns and give a gently stir and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with green onions and serve as a side for fried rice.
Note: You can replace chili paste and tomato ketchup with Maggi hot and sweet sauce.