- 250 grams shark fish steak
- 4 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 10- 12 finely sliced shallot
- 6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- Few sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon of shredded ginger
- ¼ cup of shred coconut
- ½ teaspoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Boil shark steak with a ½ spoon turmeric powder, salt and water for 5 minutes.
- Alternatively you can even steam the fish on an idly plate.
- After the fish cools down remove the center bone and the skin and shred the fish.
- Heat sesame oil in a kadai (iron kadai preferred).
- Add fennel seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes.
- Next add the shallots and fry again for couple of minutes.
- Next add the shredded shark and sauté it until the fish soaks up all the oil.
- Finally add lime juice and shredded coconut.
Goes well with rasam/sambar rice. Can also be used as stuffing for bread sandwich.