- 200 gms minced chicken/boneless chicken cut into very small cubes.
- ½ kg organic brinjal (cut lengthwise)
- 2 small onions
- ½ teaspoon of jeera
- 1 big tomato (crushed)
- 3 chilies (slit)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Few sprigs of coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- Pinch of garam masala (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan (wide open nonstick pan is preferred).
- Add jeera, onions and chilies and saute it until onion turns translucent.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Add minced chicken , turmeric, chili and coriander powder. Fry it for 4 minutes.
- Next add brinjal and let it cook uncovered for a few minutes.
- When the brinjal is half cooked, add crushed tomatoes and a pinch of garam masala.
- Cook it covered at low heat until oil leaves the pan
- Sprinkle a few drops of water if the brinjal is about to burn, otherwise water is not needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with chappati, parotta or rice.
Note: Chicken can be replaced with meat of your choice.