- 250 grams chicken
- 1 cup thick curd/yogurt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of jeera
- Marinate chicken with curd and all the dry condiments under marination for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom kadai, add bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon of jeera.
- Next add onions and sauté it until onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for couple more minutes.
- Add the chicken with the marinate and cook it on low flame covered for 15 minutes until the oil separates.
- Sprinkle with some water if gravy is about to burn otherwise water is not needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice/chapatti.