- 10 jumbo sized prawn (deveined, cleaned and tail on)
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut flakes mixed with ½ cup of bread crumbs (Panko bread crumbs works best)
- Oil to deep fry
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Few sprigs of finely chopped curry leaves
- Few sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of maida
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- Make a slit at the back of the prawn with tails on and open it up like the wings of a butterfly.
- Step1 works well only with jumbo sized prawn.
- If jumbo sized prawns are not available, skip step1.
- Mix the ingredients under marination and make it to a smote paste without adding water.
- Marinate prawn in above masala for 10 minutes.
- Roll the prawns on coconut/bread crumbs mixture.
- Deep fry the prawns until golden brown for 2 minutes.
Serve with any sauce of your choice.