- 250 grams Basa fillet (cut into small sized cubes)/any firm white fish fillet
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 5 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek
- 3 teaspoon Kashmiri mirch powder
- Few sprigs of curry leaves.
- Oil to deep fry fish
- 3 teaspoon oil for tempering.
- Marinate fish with 1 spoon Kashmiri mirch powder, turmeric and salt for 15 minutes.
- Fry the fish until golden brown.
- Roast 1 spoon mustard seeds, 1/2 spoon of fenugreek seeds and 1 spoon of cumin seeds.
- After it cools down, grind roasted ingredients to a fine powder.
- Heat 3 spoon oil in a kadai, add 1 spoon mustard seeds and few fenugreek seeds and curry leaf.
- Fry ginger garlic paste until raw smell is gone.
- Mix 2 spoon Kashmiri mirch powder with vinegar and add to hot oil.
- Let it boil for couple of minutes.
- Add fried fish and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the roasted powder from step 4 and switch off the flame.
- After it cools down, store in an air tight container without refrigeration for 2-3 weeks.
Good side dish for coconut rice or curd rice