- ½ Kg Seer fish/any fresh water fish (choose fish that has less bones)
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli/kashmiri mirch powder
- 2 table spoon mayonnaise (just enough to marinate the fish)
- Oil to shallow fry or to bake in the oven
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Marinate the fish for 10 minutes with mayonnaise and salt (use less salt as mayo already has salt)
- Season panko bread crumbs with garlic, onion, pepper, chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt
- If panko is not available, replace with regular bread crumbs.
- Roll fish well in the bread crumb mixture ( press any remaining panko mixture onto top of the fish)
- Heat oven to 190 degree Celsius.
- Grease baking pan with oil, spray oil on the fish and bake the fish for 10- 14 minutes until flaky.
- You can also shallow fry the fish on a nonstick tawa. (Flip fish after 3 minutes on each side for crispier texture)
If onion/garlic powder is not available, shred onion and garlic and mix it with mayonnaise.
Proportion above is for 1 cup of bread crumbs. You may add more or less bread crumbs depending on the size of the fish.