A simple but mouth watering tandoori fish recipe. This is easy to make and sure to impress your guests.
500 gms of any white fish fillets (cut into 2-3-inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic paste
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Chat masala to taste
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1 tsp peppercorn powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tsp oil
- Pre-heat the oven on maximum heat at broil.
- Cover the oven tray with foil to avoid mess.
- Place the marinated fish pieces on the tray and broil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn over and broil for about 8 minutes again.
- Keep a constant check. Broiling time may vary depending on the thickness of fish pieces.
- Serve the tandoori fish hot with your favorite chutney.
Using gas stove:
- Boil the marinated fish for a few minutes without adding any water till the fish pieces could be taken without dripping.
- Place a grill (one which we use to make chapati) on the stove and roast the fish pieces over the grill
- Bast it as often required
- Turn over the pieces till it turns nice reddish color
- Mouth watering tandoori fish is ready
- Serve hot with chutney
Gas tandoor can also be used in the place of grill. Fish cooks up really fast. So make sure that it doesn’t over cook while boiling in masala to make it a nice juicy tandoor.